The Simpsons are probably the most famous cartoon family of all time, but they have nothing on Rick and Morty. This Thanksgiving special was a wild one with plenty of laughs to go around.
The season 4 rick and morty is a show that has been popular for years. In the latest episode of season 5, Rick and Morty showed off their wild Thanksgiving special.
The fifth season of Rick and Morty has officially arrived with Episode 6! Season 5 of the Adult Swim cartoon series has been one of the strangest ever, and has already caused some controversy throughout its run. Now that the series is halfway through the season, viewers are wondering what the series has planned for the remaining episodes. Thankfully, unlike Season 4, we did not have to wait months for the sixth episode after the first five episodes, and Adult Swim has gotten right back into the flow of things with the sixth episode.
The first looks at Rick and Morty’s Thanksgiving Spectacular, “Rick & Morty’s Thanksploitation Spectacular,” teased that Rick and Morty would be taking on the National Treasure franchise, but this was really just the start of a special Thanksgiving episode for the season that went to some wild lengths before it all came to an end, much like the episodes thus far (just like every episode so far). Continue reading to find out all you need to know about Season 5 Episode 6:
- Rick and Morty enter into a vault in order to steal the United States Constitution, but Morty destroys it with a laser that pierces it and the State of Liberty before they can do so. A huge robot assassin has been waiting inside, it has finally been triggered and is ready to strike. It’s at this point that Rick announces that it’s Thanksgiving. The government then comes at the Smith residence to take them into custody.
- Rick understands that the only way out is to transform himself into a turkey and get a Presidential pardon, and it’s shown that he’s done it before. Both the President and Rick have devised strategies to oppose the turkey plot, and they believe they have outsmarted one other. The President then puts this turkey plot into action, and many troops go underground and transform themselves into horrifying turkeys.
- As a result, the troops have transformed into turkeys and are eagerly awaiting Rick’s arrival. While the President is distracted with Rick and Morty decoys, Rick and Morty have transformed into turkeys and broken into the military’s mission. Meanwhile, the President transforms into a turkey as well, and as the Rick and Morty turkeys come to a halt, he recognizes them.
- Rick refuses to be pardoned by the President, and the two begin to fight, while the other turkeys in the enclosure go crazy. When the President gets hit, he loses his monitoring chip, which identifies him as a human, and a normal turkey is mistaken for him, turning him into a monstrous parody of the President. The President turkeys, Rick, Morty, and the President turkeys are then placed in a feeding room with Franklin D. Roosevelt, who has transformed into a gigantic spider as a result of covert research.
- Rick and Morty revert to their human forms, and Morty kills the FDR spider. Meanwhile, the Turkey-turned-President instructs scientists to transform the other turkeys into humans and increase their strength by a factor of 1000. While the actual President arrives with Rick and Morty, he gives a speech at the United Nations, and the global leaders think the turkey president is the real one and decide to follow him instead.
- Turkey The President unveils his army of super mutant turkeys, but they are quickly evacuated using a secret phrase that summons a hover cycle. Rick and President continue to argue as they return to the Smith home. Beth is enraged by their bickering and persuades them to settle down and eat Thanksgiving dinner.
- According to a news report, the Turkey President is going to transform all turkeys into super warriors, and Rick realizes that the only way to stop them is to enter a secret tomb, which he attempted to get into earlier in the episode. They quickly enlist the assistance of troops who had already engaged in the turkey operation to battle through the waves of turkey warriors.
- Rick and Morty come aboard a “unlicensed Star Wars AT-AT,” but it’s really a ruse as the human military forces engage in combat with the turkey warriors. Rick, Morty, and the President make it inside the Crypt of the New World, a hidden crypt where it is revealed that turkeys were America’s first rulers until a vessel of extraterrestrial Pilgrims and Indigenous Peoples awakens within.
- It is revealed that their hate for turkeys had previously brought them together, and they soon fight. The Turkey President launches a missile into the sky, turning all of the turkeys into super soldiers, and Rick and Morty go into space to attempt to stop it as the President and Turkey President battle. Morty ends up destroying the moon and the missile using the same weapon he used to inadvertently destroy the Constitution (which was also a government monument).
- When the President beats Turkey’s President, the latter uses its own wish bone to wish for its own demise. The United States is engulfed in flames around them at the end of it all, and Morty understands that their whole Thanksgiving historical ritual is mostly worthless. Following the operation, the same military man returns to his life, still believing himself to be a turkey.
What did you think of the latest Rick and Morty episode? Let us know what you think in the comments section! You may also contact me directly on Twitter @Valdezology for all things animation and other fun stuff!
- rick and morty movie
- rick and morty rating
- rick and morty cast